Roadmap for Success
The Bureau of Indian Education embraced the call for a new way of doing work and improved its education service delivery. It transformed into a service-minded institution to provide a high-quality education to students through the BIE Strategic Direction.
This Strategic Direction focuses on instilling the values of Excellence, Focus, Integrity, Respect, and Service throughout the agency to ensure a culturally relevant, high-quality education for students that prepares them with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed to flourish in the opportunities of tomorrow.
The plan takes into account the expertise of parents, students, teachers, staff, Tribal leadership, and Indian education advocates - those who understand the issues first-hand and have real solutions. It incorporates a robust theory of action that focuses efforts on achieving essential strategic goals.
Those collective efforts and goals set the course to support generations of Native students from kindergarten to postsecondary education.
The Strategic Direction is a guide for meeting this great responsibility.
- BIE Strategic Direction (complete document)
Quarterly Progress Reports
- BIE Strategic Direction 2018-2023
- BIE Strategic Direction Executive Summary
- BIE Strategic Direction Letter from Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary IA
- BIE Strategic Direction letter from Secretary of the Interior
- BIE Strategic Direction Work Timeline
- BIE Strategic Plan letter
- News Release: BIE Launches New Strategic Direction 2018-2023