Skip to main content

Overview & Forms

Colorful Organizers Hanging on Vertical Shelf Containing Various Forms for Wingate Elementary School

Enrollment Information for Elementary Students

To all returning Wingate Elementary School students, we want to give a great big “welcome back” to all Eagles and their parents. Thank you for deciding to continue your educational journey with us. And to all new students, the exciting new additions to our student body, we are always happy to soar with new Eagles.

Enrolling Your Child

Parents/guardians must provide ALL necessary administrative records before their child can be enrolled at Wingate Elementary School. Please thoroughly review the registration forms for a complete list of the conditions registrants must meet. Any students desiring to enroll at Wingate Elementary School will need to have a parent/guardian accompanying them at the time of enrollment.

New Students

  • Completed Registration Packet. You must complete all forms in the packet.
  • Immunization Records. Each student must provide an up-to-date immunization record as required by the state or the Indian Health Service.
  • (CIB) Certificate of Indian Blood. Students applying for admission must demonstrate membership in a federally recognized tribe, or at least one-fourth total degree Indian blood direct descendant of an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe and provide a Certificate of Indian Blood.
  • A Certified State Birth Certificate. Each student must provide a birth certificate, or other documentation establishing guardianship or parentage.
Student Desk with Laptop and Various School Supplies On Top

Returning Students

  • Re-Registration Form. You must complete all forms in the packet.
  • Immunization Records. Each student must provide an up-to-date immunization record.

Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

What documents do I need to bring to enroll my child?

In addition to the items listed above, the following documents may need to be furnished:

Students that reside outside of the attendance boundaries must have an out-of-boundary waiver that has been approved by the school board. If you are enrolling a child and you are not the biological parent you will need to provide proof of guardianship by presenting one of the following:

  • Legal court documents
  • Care Givers Affidavit
  • Power of Attorney

Can I enroll my child after the school year has started?

Transfer students must enroll within the first 10 days of the fall or spring semester. Any student who was not enrolled in the previous semester will be accepted only if there is student space available within their proposed grade.

What reasons would there be that the school would refuse enrollment?

Students may be denied enrollment if the school determines the student poses a direct threat to the health, safety, or welfare of staff, faculty, students, or themselves.

Is any other information helpful to the process?

Upon admission, any student with a known medical issue, including a food allergy, must disclose the information to the Principal and registrar. School officials will ensure that this information is shared with appropriate staff within the school in accordance with the school’s policy and make the necessary referrals to the school’s Section 504 Coordinator.

Other questions regarding enrollment?

Please contact:

Mrs. Debi Wero  
Phone:  505-488-6352  
Fax:  505-488-6312  
Email: (Opens in a new browser tab)

Registration open Monday - Friday - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm


Other Resources

Residential Program

For information on enrolling in our Residential Program, you can learn more on our Residential page.

An official website of the U.S. Department of the Interior

Looking for U.S. government information and services?